If you’ve ever thought of a literary tour to visit famous author’s homes – Robert Frost in New Hampshire, Edith Wharton in the Berkshires, Hemingway’s Key West, you might add a tour of small bookstores to the list – a road trip, picking up good books along the way. Here’s an itinerary of some of some of my favorites to consider, from West to East:
- Book Soup in West Hollywood
- Garcia Street Books – Sante F
- Boswell Book Company in Milwauke
- River Run in New Hampshire
- The Strand in New York City
- Penn Book Center in Philadelphia
- Politics and Prose in Washington, D.C.
Do you have any to add?