In My Father’s Daughter, Gwyneth Paltrow includes her father’s famous pancakes that he adapted from Joy of Cooking. But Paltrow has her own pancake recipe: tasty and with lots of healthy ingredients. I made a batch, using what I had on hand – yummy.
- 1 organic egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk (Paltrow calls for soy, but I used cow’s skim-organic)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 1 cup flour (I used spelt, but any kind will do)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons Seed Mix (see reference below)
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (to give it that buttermilk flavor)
- Real Grade B Maple Syrup, for serving
Whisk the egg, milk, and oil. Add flour, baking powder, and seed mix until just combined; do not overbeat or you will get tough pancakes. Fold in the yogurt. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle as many pancakes as possible into the skillet. When you see bubbles (about 2 minutes), flip pancakes over for another minute. Remove pancakes to a plate and serve with plenty of maple syrup.
I added a few pineapple slices for color, and to sop up the rest of the maple syrup.
Seed Mix: recipe
I love this recipe and am thrilled to find it online while I’m away from home craving pancakes. Thanks for posting!
Glad you found it – one if my favorites. Happy New Year!