The book includes recipes for Pink Yink Ink Drink, Cat in the Hat Pudding, and more – linking recipes to one of his stories.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked oatmeal (not quick-cooking)
- 1 cup green pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup light cooking oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
Combine all ingredients, using your hands to mix. Spread the mixture on a large baking sheet and bake at 300 degrees until browned, stirring from time to time to prevent burning. Remove from the oven after about 45 minutes to 1 hour, and push the mixture together. Let cool completely, then break up into clumps. May be stored in an airtight container for up to three weeks.
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss (ncbookbunch.wordpress.com)